Federal Premium HammerDown Ammunition is an excellent choice for hunters and shooters looking for an affordable, reliable option for their firearms. This ammunition is loaded with a variety of different bullets that are designed to offer high levels of accuracy and performance.
Federal premium hammer-down ammunition is an excellent choice for anyone who wants an affordable yet reliable round for their firearm. This ammunition is loaded with various bullets that offer high levels of accuracy and performance.
What is Federal Hammerdown Ammo?
I shot weights in .30-30 for the win. And the .45-70 government loads were based on our already established hunting loads designed for rifles. However, the Federal started from scratch with handgun calibers. Compared to shorter handgun barrels, these had to be drastically adjusted to handle the higher velocities possible when firing through a rifle barrel. For this, the Federal used heavy bullets. The increased bullet weight better withstands the higher rates of longer rifle barrels and helps provide greater penetration depth on impact. Examples of these stronger bullets include: the .357 Magnum bullet is 170 grains compared to 158 grains, and the .44 Rem. M.Sc. is 270 grains compared to 240 grains, and the .45 Colt is 250 grains compared to 225 grains. These comparisons are made using the Federal’s existing hunting handgun loads.
Federal Premium HammerDown Ammunition Features
- Specifically engineered for lever guns
- Functions flawlessly in side gate loading and tubular magazines
- The modified chamfered case for easier feeding
- Bullets optimized for better terminal performance out of lever-action rifles
- Designed in partnership with Henry Repeating Arms
- Bullets provide best-in-class expansion and weight retention on impact
- Increased velocities and performance in pistol cartridges
- Nickel-plated cases